Well, as expected, it’s been a really busy month, with not a lot of time for Creatures stuff. I was kind of hoping to at least polish something up for the CCSF, but as the days tick by, it’s not looking super likely.
Anyway, I have actually had a couple of things go right for me over the past few days. First off, it looks like the weird errors making my game unplayable in my last entry were related to some broken symlinks that happened when I just blindly moved my C3 and Mods folder over from the old install. I'm not 100% sure that was the cause, but... it seems to be okay now that I've fixed those links.
Secondly, after chatting a little with RProgrammer, we figured out how to get netcat to play more nicely with script injections by inserting... caos lines that do nothing, and... line breaks, of all things. With that modification, the BashJect script is now working, as far as I can tell, flawlessly.
This means I can finally, finally start actually doing actual development work, including all those dreams of modifying the Albian Warp scripts to support local, multi-instance play. But first, I’m going to try to figure out my workflow while working on a smaller project-- updating an older agent. Hopefully I won’t get too carried away. We’ll see.